Agenda (5:30 pm to 8:30pm):
Introduction to the mini-workshop
Re-cap and de-briefing
Networking and drinks
We will cover:
- The process of engaging with traditional factories.
- Key steps in the product innovation journey.
- Possible business models for a win-win cooperation
1. By smart we mean use of technologies such as Internet of Things (IoT), Sensors, Cloud Big Data and Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
2. No technical back-ground is required to attend this session but will be good to have one person in each team who has some familiarity of what these technologies can do.
Dr. Humayun(Hugh) Rashid
Founder& CEO of Xavor Corporation
Chair of Technology& Innovation Committee, American Chamber, Shanghai
Dr. Hugh Rashid is a practitioner-scholar with over 25 years of experience working and consulting with global organizations in the US, Europe and Asia on product innovation and digital transformation of business processes.
Currently he is focused on helping traditional product manufacturers build smart products that create superior user experiences of their traditional products using digital transformation technologies such as digital sensors, electronic hardware, cloud platforms, big data and artificial intelligence software.
Dr. Hugh is founder and CEO of Xavor Corporation, US based software technology firms, that provides innovative business solutions for product lifecycle management (PLM) of complex high-tech products and now heading the China operations out of the Shanghai office.
He is also the chair of the technology & innovation committee for American Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai, and organizes executive events and conferences on topics such as Digital Transformation, Industry 4.0 and Smart Manufacturing. Hugh is a frequent speakers at international conferences on digital transformation and smart product development..
Over the last few years Hugh has also taught MBA course on Innovation and Entrepreneurship at various Chinese universities including Peking University, Renmin University, Fudan University, Wuhan University and Chongqing University.
Hugh has a BBA from University of Texas Austin, EMBA from University of California at Irvine and Doctorate in Management from Case Western University in Cleveland, Ohio.